Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Fraction/Decimal/Percent Card Game: Value Up Fractions

Here is the second game using the Everyday Math Fraction/Decimal/Percent Card Deck from the series of games in which I am creating the accompaning gameboards, recording sheets or game mats to use with the card deck. It's called "Value Up Fractions." You only use the fraction cards from the deck. On the game board is the I CAN statement: "I AM learning to compare fractions with different numerators and different denominators."



I like this game because you have the option of drawing 2 new cards to replace up to two cards already on the game board to try to fix the order of the cards from the least value to the greatest value.  That's where the STRATEGY and THINKING comes into play.

Click on the here to go to my Google Doc account to download.

Deborah

3 comments :

  1. can we solve the linear equations with fractions ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick,
    This game is about comparing and ordering fraction values. The fraction cards included in the deck are 1/5, 3/4, 1/4, 1/2, 2/5, 3/5, 4/5, 1/10, 3/10, 7/10, 9/10, 2/2, 1/3, 2/3, 1/8, 3/8, 7/8, 1/6. They certainly could be placed on the board from the least value to the greatest value.
    What part of the game directions made you think you had to solve linear equations? I want to change anything that might cause confusion to the person playing my game.
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to have you as a contributor for Foldable Week!! We are going to do Math on Monday the 14th so I will link up to your blog as a contributor!!
    Thanks
    Beth
    Thinking of Teaching

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...