Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Everyday Math Training on February 17th, 2012

Are all my U-46 District friends ready for the first OFFICIAL training on the 2012 Common Core Edition of Everyday Math?  Half of your day will be a presentation on the Mathematics Common Core, and the other half will be provided from Everyday Math Trainers that are being flown in from
all over the country...yeap...South Dakota, Oregon, and California to name just a few.

I've been working hard on my session for part of the Kindergarten level training. I'm going to show (not just tell) how the calendar routine might look for the whole year. I've been creating 9 display boards to show how the routines might change as your students are ready for new learning during the school year.

I know that my display boards won't be as "cute" as some calendar boards as I've seen in your classrooms... but it has a definite "mathematics look." I've designed some Common Core display sheets for your daily calendar like the one below in English and Spanish to add to the provided Everyday Math suggestions too.



Common Core K.CC.2 Know number names and the count sequence beginning from a given number within the known sequence (instead of having to begin at 1).
For all my FRIENDS OUTSIDE OF U-46....I'll be sharing later with you too.  I hope you will find the displays interesting too.

Deborah Devine

1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...