Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

"Almost Kindergartners" Summer School

What other resources do I plan to use with the kindergarten summer school students ?  These magnetic ten frame boards from EAI Education are on my list. They cost about $5.00 a board, but I think they will be of great value in whole groups to gauge the level of student understanding and to keep the students engaged in the lesson.  Each of the circle counters is magnetic, and I like that each counter can show a yellow or red circle. That would be useful in decomposing a number like "How many ways to make a 5?"  1 + 4, 2 + 3, 3+ 2, 4 + 1, 5 + 0.
 These  flip flop painters
will be a fun way to explore and create patterns (Lakeshore). 


Yesterday, I bought 14 blow up swimming pools to be used in the reading/library section of the room. I can envision the students lounging in the pool while paging through alphabet and counting picture books.  The overall theme of our summer school program for the "almost" kindergarten students is summer and making a family connection with school.  I'm creating a blog just to enhance communication between the summer school families( 240 of them!)  and our school district.  One of the pages on the blog will feature useful internet links.  

Do you have any suggestions for internet sites that you find helpful for prekindergarten students?  Please share them with me in the comment section. I would appreciate your help.  Thanks....  

Deborah

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...